So I am in Stockholm Sweden, we have been here for 2 day's so far, we leave tomorrow (Monday) and I have really enjoyed this city, I hope someday I come back. Stockholm has been such a stylish city, and I don't mean just fashion wise, everything!
Last night My Guy and I left the hotel kind of on the late side to eat dinner so we didn't have much restaurants to pick from because most of them were closing, we found a place that was still opened and walked in. We ordered our food, the food was fine, we had some wine, its was okay (I have realized I am kind of a wine snob after learning that the wine is different....in Sweden so far) anyways after our meal we just continue to enjoy our wine and sit back and relax. This large group of people came into the restaurant and we notice that they could use an extra chair, My Guy offered the extra chair we had at our table they said thank you and one of the guy's said something sexist in a "funny" way. I ask My Guy if the group of people are German and he said he didn't know so he turned to ask they said yes that most were, some were from Belgium, he said to them congratulations on beating Russia in the hockey game (world hockey is playing right now)they didn't know but were happy to find out. Then this is what things turn from fine to bad......they asked were we were from.........let me let you know that there was maybe 7 guy's and 1 female.....okay so My Guy say's he is from Slovakia but lives in California and I am from California. They all smiled and then one of the guy's asks me where in California and I said San Francisco, I noticed that all the guy's were looking at me as if I was some alien it was VERY creepy, My Guy said later on he didn't notice all them only one looking at me. This one guy was very aggressive I guess you could say and he was interested in talking with me more then My Guy, at one point My Guy went to the bathroom and the aggressive guy gave me a card with his full name and info on the back and said I should contact him because he works in the wine business then he asked me if I was on Facebook, I hesitated and they all started to laugh, mind you this guy mentioned that he was married! My Guy came back from the bathroom, perfect timing, I wanted to get the fuck out of there!!! When we were leaving he said to me "good bye, I hope we can stay in touch" My Guy didn't really think anything of it until we got back to the hotel and I pulled out his card he gave me to trow it away. My Guy was pissed and said that guy was a creep-o.
The reason why I have tittled this don't smile America is because My Guy has told me in the past that American's smile too much and come off as naive and too nice. At the time I brushed it off but now I see what he means, I also think Paris Hilton and Britney Spears didn't help in making American girls/women look any better. My Guy was saying that when you smile too much it can give off the wrong message. European's don't really smile. Okay, that's fine, but it really creeped me out to think that just my smile and being nice could have been some sign that I was "loose". I felt sick to my stomach when we got back to the hotel and I felt uneasy the next day (today), I don't want to know what those guy's were thinking...........okay that is kind of a lie I would like to know!!
I really hope that this is the only bad experience I have on my trip to Europe!