Sunday, February 7, 2010

TL Drinkin

I had an awesome Saturday night! I met up with my friend to check out one of the movies from the SF indie fest, the movie was a little bit of a disappointment and I didn't know there was going to be sub-tittles......hard of fallow for a dyslexic! After that we headed over to Casanova, it was very early so we knew we were going to get a seat! We had some real girl chats fallowed with a nice buzz. My friend asked what I was doing after and I said I was going to meet up with some other friends at Badlands but that wasnt going to be for a few hours, so she asked if I wanted to come with her to meet up some other peeps I know to have some more drinks in the TL, "sure why not!". We headed over to Koko's as a meeting point and then we all walked over to this bar called Cinnabar. Why we are going to have some drinks in the Tenderloin first off is a good reason, one of my other friends is on a mission to go to every bar in SF and the Tenderloin happens to be her first area of the city she is going to first! Cinnabar was dead, BUT the music was FAB, this bar seemed to be popular with the Asians, because we were the only white people in this bar; also not only can you order booze but if your feeling daring you can also order an egg with a dead baby chick in it to eat! The girls were trying to "egg" on the guys to try it but they didn't have the balls enough to do it.....I didn't blame them! Our bartender was very very nice, she told us that the chick is not that bad, once they heat it up it tastes like crab....this was still not a turn-on for the guys; so we left to head over across the street to Jonell's.

I was warned that I had to be on my best behavior....not talk with anyone before we entered this bar........when I get drunk I tend to talk with random people, BUT I'm nice!! An Asian woman was standing outside by the door smoking a cigarette and greeted us with excitement as we passed her while entering the bar.We all sat down, and this other Asian woman came over to us and asked what we would like, the girls had some Baileys on the rocks, our bartender was hilarious!! She was saying "motherfucker" this and "asshole" that, she talked about how when she first came to the US she would cry if anyone called her a bitch and now she says to them "you wanna fight"! I told her if a guy tries to mess with you punch them in the Adams apple and then kick them in the knee cap, she also reminded me about the crotch, but I added before you get all violent act crazy first in hoping you will scare them off.........I seemed to win over this tough little lady, and my friends were laughing and getting a kick out this conversation! Some how we started talking about astrology and Asian astrology and we learned that this spunky bartender and I are both Leo's, rarely do I meet an other Leo that I like, but how could you not like this woman! She read my palm and my friends too, she said I was bad with my money and I was going to have 3 kids! For the record, I'm really not bad with my money....I have a savings, I don't buy anything I cant afford and over the last 2 years I have noticed I don't enjoy shopping as much as I used to. I always pay my Visa bill on time, but will admit I'm awful at paying my medical bills....like your really billing my for $10-13 bucks! You cant ask for that money when I leave the office!! And the 3 kids, I don't think so, I wish I asked her if I was going to get married! I noticed my watch said it was 10:20 and it was time for me to leave to head over to Badlands, the woman gave me a hug and one of the guy's walked me out to help me get a cab; little did I know that leaving that bar was going to be the best thing because as I got in the cab a few minutes later I get a text from one of my friends that the bar just got raided by cops and guns were exposed!! Oh, Tenderloin, you are never a dull moment!

Badlands was fun, the music as always was awesome, my friends and I were having so much fun ,gay men giving you all the kind of right attention and I loved how everyone got excited when the Britney Murphy song/ video was played....

What an awesome night!! Thank you!!!