Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm Sorry Sam!

On a day where Valentines day fell on a week day I walked into school (high school) and found a rose and a note taped to my locker, also a bunch of kids huddled around my locker as well, at first I thought this was a joke and asked around who did this, nobody knew until this one guy who came down stairs to put his sweater away said it was Sam. Sam? The name did not ring a bell at first then the guy said “you know Sam, he turns into the Incredible Hulk when he gets upset and he always wears that red sweater?” once again, Sam? Sam didn’t talk much, he was huge and kind of harry, he was also older than me, I didn’t know him other than that and I never would have thought he would have a crush on me. As I put my things away in my locker the word had spread around the school (I went to school with 60 kids from 6th grade to 12th so a rumor or gossip went around in like 10 seconds!), I took my binder, lunch, the note and rose up stairs with me. My guy friends had a hay day with this, and my female friends thought it was creepy, I didn’t know what to think of all of this, I was still on “Sam?” Sometimes you can tell when a guy likes you, they stare at you or give you compliments, bla bla bla, but Sam didn’t do any of that, but then again I was really wrapped up into myself in high school, all I cared about was goofing off and making my friends laugh! Everyone in my class wanted to see the note so I passed it around and my friend at the time Krista asked what was I going to do with it………. do with it? Now Krista could be cold hearted at times and some of the things she would say or come up with I wondered if she was really human, but at the same time I kind of liked her boldness, as I was this shy/goofball. I told her I’ll just put it back in my locker and then take it home and throw it away, she didn’t like that idea and told me what I should do with it…….”you should rip it up in front of his face!” “No!” I told her, but then she went on telling me that a guy like that needs to know his place, he needs to learn that a girl like me would never go for a guy like him. Still thinking it was a really mean idea, Krista told our guy friends and they agreed ripping of the note needed to happen. So ladies and gentlemen I preformed an act that would for sure scar anyone’s sensitive heart! Yep I ripped the note up, all because of peer pressure, isn’t that what high school is all about? Sam and I shared an English class together and he sat up front, as I sat in the back, the plan was when snake time came I would go up to where his desk was that happened to be by the waste basket and I would rip up the note and also toss the rose. So snake time came, I got up walked up by Sam ripped the note and tossed it in with the rose in the waste basket, I didn’t look at him while I was doing this but I could tell he was looking at me, after I was done I walked back to me desk and Krista and one of my guy friends had a big smile on their face, as for me I thought I was for sure going to hell! I sat in my seat eating my snake staring at the back of Sam’s head, heart pounding, thinking over and over again with the hell did I just do and then BAM, Sam pounded his desk and stormed out of the room and went into the boy’s bathroom and slammed the door!! I froze, as everyone else was giggling, I was scared when Sam was going to come out of the bathroom he was going to look green and huge and walk over to my desk and rip my skinny little body up into billions of pieces, but he didn’t, but he sure did give me a mean look when he came out, and his hand was filled with some toilet paper……….I made him cry? My guy friend Josh loved that I made him cry and so did Krista, now for sure I was going to go to hell, for the rest of the day I just kept quiet and couldn’t wait to get home.

As mean as this is going to sound…….Sam should have known better, he wasn’t going to get away with this without the attention that was going to fallow it, but on the other hand I shouldn’t have done what I did! I should have stuck with my plan in bring the note and rose home and not done the “cool” thing but I did and it was an awful thing I did. If I ran into Sam now and asked if I scared him in any way I would like to say sorry for doing so, for to be the maker of scaring someone’s heart is not a nice thing to do and thinking you will get away with it is stupid thinking, Karma always finds you and I know for sure she did (that’s another blog!).

To all the secret admirers out there whose plan didn’t go the way they hoped for, I’m sorry!!!!!!!!