Thursday, February 19, 2009
Bragging
I’m somewhat of a shy person to the extent where you would never hear me talk about what I just bought or got as a gift because I find it REALLY tacky and when I hear other people talking about “I just got a new…….” I cringe inside BIG TIME. The only exception to this is if someone asks me what I have or what I’m wearing is new and I will tell them (in a non bragging way!) but even that makes me uncomfortable!!I think this all comes from my Mother, she tends to brag sometimes to other family members and people and it drives me crazy because as she’s doing it I’m looking at the other person/people face and they have this look like “okay we get it, you’re doing or have something we will never have or do, we get it, now shut up!” but she doesn’t shut up, so to end the pain for the victim(s) I try to grab my Mothers arm gently and try to change the subject ASAP!! Call me prude, but I don’t really see any good opportunity to brag, unless you’re trying to piss someone off OR you have worked really hard at something and all the hard work paid off and you got an awesome reward at the end of it……………but even that I might keep to myself. Also I think bragging about getting laid is fine, who doesn’t want to hear the juice, but I can’t think of anything other exceptions. I might get shit for this but a few things have been happing around me that have involved bragging and it’s been driving me crazy and I needed to get this off my chest and into a blog!