I’m not sure why I’m never interested in staying out till the sun comes up, but I’m not. I’m good for a few hours, like 9 to 12:30, 1 to 2ish is pushing it. It’s like my bed has a voice that somehow carries over to the bar or friend’s house that I’m at and says “Come home to me, let me make you warm”. My friends give me shit about it, not in a mean way, well one friend more than the others, I just can’t do it, and it’s not in me. I’ve never been much of a “party girl”, but don’t get me wrong I do like to have a good time, just not till the butt crack of dawn. For the past few days I have been asking myself why is not staying out so late really important to me and I think I might have found a few answers.
1. The area I live in the city, cabs are not crazy about so it’s hard sometimes to find a cab that wants to take me home (sometimes)
2. The later I stay out means the later I will sleep in and then I miss out on half of my day and when it’s time to go to bed at night I’m not really tired because I slept all day.
3. Sometimes my social skills run out of gas and there is nothing left to say so the best thing to do is to go home.
Speaking of social skills, I think my social skills are fine, I enjoy meeting new people and doing new things but every once in a while I’ll have a moment were like I said up top have “run out of gas”. Now I’m not sure is the company around me that I’m done with or someone has put a bee in my bonnet and has started to kill the mood for me or what but sometimes this happens. Also there times when I’m just tired and then there are other times where I’m in this chill mood and I just want to be around a group of people for the company aspect of it but not really engage in any conversation to much……..is that wrong?
I find it funny that I question so much about myself, I feel I stumble on something new about me or recognize things about myself that I didn’t see before, I love it but hate at the same time.