Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Tree


I'm stuck at home with a cold, and last night i didn't sleep at all, but finally today my body wanted a nap after lunch (chicken noodle soup). My nap only lasted an hour. As i was laying in bed trying to go back to sleep i herd some very odd noises in my backyard, i got out of bed and pulled my roman blinds up and what do i see, men across the fence cutting/chopping/pulling down branches down from "The Tree". I call it "The Tree" because this tree as been my friend and foe growing up. When we would get crazy whined storms at night or during the day i would worry that this tree would come crashing down in my room and that would be the end of me! The friend part has been when i stare out my window for peace of mind, because I'm sad, or i just want to look at something that's so big and beautiful but yet in such a small area; it always seems to be there for me. I love trees, and as i was watching these men out my window taking down some of the branches i thought "would i miss this tree?". Yes i would, what would i have to stare at when I'm sad? I'm really hoping that they are only going to take down the dead branches and not the whole tree its self, life lives in that tree, even though i find birds very annoying, Crows mostly, but that's a home! As our world is becoming more and more sick, cutting down a tree would be very sad, but if so i hope they plant a new one or at least have a bird person come out and make sure all the birds are out of the tree. I'm crossing my fingers they are only taking down branches!

This blog reminded me of a book a loved as a child, i still love this story even though this book has very little to do with what this blog is about but for those who do not know about this story, well, you should!! The Giving Tree.