I had been dreading it all of June and July I was not looking forward to turning 25 but then August came and my birthday weekend began. August 1 was Midnight Mass with Peaches Christ watching Purple Rain with my friends, then August 2nd was dinner with the family and August 3rd was the big day, I requested a BBQ at my guy friend’s house. It was I think the best birthday I have ever had, NO, it was perfect, good food, good booze and good friends is really all you need to have a perfect party!
Is it too early to say that I feel different already? I’m going to say so “no”. For sure I feel older, a little bit more mature, studding my aging process, watching the grays come in and then plucking them out one by one and trying not to forget to apply the eye cream hoping that the lines that I have will be less noticeable then yesterday; it’s like a different kind of puberty. In some way I feel I’m in a rush to finish out all the stupid things you can get away with when you’re in your 20’s but at the same time I don’t feel rushed. I know I have calmed down a lot over the years and I’m really proud about that, I used to be such an uptight nerdy prude, I guess a little sex and pot over the years calms you down and you learn to not be so uptight about the small stuff.
At the BBQ I had all the people who were over 25 tell me in a few words what was being 25 for them like, mind you I don’t remember all of them I was for sure drunk for this hallmark moment. I remember one girl said she leaned “Men sucked” but in a good way, some other girl said hers “sucked” and the last lady said “just stay wasted” she didn’t remember her 25th year very much, so she thought she must have had a good time. I’m very curious to find out what this year will hold for me, I really hope it will be a goal archiving year if anything. ;my birthday horoscope said I will be very goal productive this year, so maybe my wish will come true.