Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Father

I love my father very much even though I think he is a very odd man. Odd such as this is a man who combines all of the breakfast cereals into one bowel, who puts cheese in his rice, saves the zip lock bags, has every plastic container to hold any kind of food you could think of, little notes taped around the house to remind himself of things, talks to himself in the shower and will stand in the kitchen just for the hell of it.

What brought this on was, he has been building this shied to put in the backyard for his tools and such, he’s been building it in the garage, my mother can’t stand it she tells me she can’t take her naps on the weekends because he’s making noise in the garage. He has notes on each piece of wood and he has tape on the floor for I guess to help him out with the floor pieces. Am I mean or should I give credit to a man who is highly organized? The man saves everything, even food! My father bought a dehydrator a few years back and he’s in love with this thing, my mother doesn’t understand were all the food goes because he never shares it with her, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has the dried food in a box saving it for some world destruction………well if we ever have one you know who’s house you can hit up for food, dried food, but it’ll be food!

My father’s childhood was not a very happy one but wasn’t bad either. My grandparents fought all the time, it was an arranged marriage, can you blame them? He doesn’t do well with arguments, he blows up like a 2yr old because he bottles everything up inside, I’m not sure if he knows how he acts is not normal or healthy? Besides this entire he is a good man, he has always been there for me and has provided everything I have ever needed in my life and that’s something to say for, some people didn’t/don’t have a father in their life or they did but he wasn’t around very much, or was a total jerk. Some women say they would like to meet a man like their father, being that I don’t want to get married I won’t be searching for a man like my father, but dating wise I would like a man to have the most important quality that my father has and that is to be there for me always. And if this guy never pops up in my life I will always have my odd father to count on.