Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One day you wake up and your 30 years old

It's true, one day you wake up and you're 30 years old, it happened to me, I'm 30 now and its weird. Weird, like, when I look at myself in the mirrier I see 24 and I still find jokes about shit/poop funny. I know I'm not some old hag, but for sure the year of 29 my tolerance was becoming shorter and shorter. And, I have like no tolorencess, I don't have time for bull shit.

I'm back in school, and messerable, what a surprise! BUT, I seem to have scored a job working at an art studio with kids. It's not what I want to do , but I really really like the job, its fun and my boss is a long time friend of the family.

My Mom and I, our relationship just keeps getting worse, day by day, I cry over it sometimes. Last week I had tickets to go to a musical that My Man bought for me as one of my birthday presents. He ended up realizing that he could not go because he had a 50k run the next morning, very early in the morning. My Guy suggested that I ask my Mom if she would like to go. I call her up she says "yes", cool, done! I call her that week asking her if she would like to have dinner before the show, she says to me "um, how about you do your thing and I'll do mine and we will just meet for the show" I said "okay", hung up the phone and cried. My own mother doesnt want to have dinner with me. So then I decided to dump her and find someone else. I have very slim pickings in my life...I called my gay guy, he couldn't because of work. I called my childhood friend who was visiting SF, he couldnt go. Then I call my cousin, SHE COULD GO! But not to dinner, and that sucked a bit but its was fine, my cousins company was going to be WAY better than my depressing mother, and it was! I was happy for my cousin to want to go with me, but I was very sad that the low number of people in my life who I can call up, more so female friends...its like there are none.

I went to Hawaii for my birthday, to see my Aunt and her husband. I had some deep conversations with her and one of them I said that I realized that the kind of relationship I have with my Mother explanes a lot of the kind of female friend relationships I have had growing up. I never had a female friend who was like a mother to me, the kind of Mom who was there for me and would listen and care. I have always had the kind of female friend who was like my Mom, just funny and nice to hang out with, but thats all. And from what I have been missing and dont know, how would I know how to attract that kind of girl to be my friend? I want something that I have never had, that I'm unfamiliar with and wishing for.

I guess with all the wishing I did to meet someone wonderful, I need to really start to wish for a friend who could be kind of like that Mom that I always wanted.

The kind of friend I would like, would have cared that my 101 Grandmother died and that I'm having problems with my Mother.

Here is to a new 10 years of my life, I hope to do some things differently, some good things come my way and I find what I have been looking for!

(sorry for the really bad spelling, my spell check is not working...I dont know why)