Sunday, April 14, 2013

Goodbye Nonie...

My Grandmother, Nonie (grandmother in Italian) passed away the eve of Easter, March 30th 2013 at the age of 101! It was fitting I guess being that some of my best memories was spent with her and the rest of my family on Easter. Nonie had the best backyard for an Easter egg hunt, it was massive! Even though my memories are not as rooted as the memories my older cousins have of our Nonie, the fact that a part of my family history is now forever gone, is what is sad the most for me. I am sooo very fascinated by my family history and I know very little, some stories here and there is all I have. I am also trying to put my feet in my father's shoes, he is a 66 year old man who has lost his 101 year old mother, is this an odd feeling for him? Most people loos there parents when they are in there 50's...I think, so is his loos of his mother a "it was about time" feeling for him? The rosary and funeral was a week after Nonie's death, when we arrived at Holy Cross (grave) after we said our good bye we headed over to where my Grandpa is berried and my Grandma's parents and her sister. That was such a nice wonderful moment to sand in front of these people with my cousins and parents, I got a little spiritual, wondering if they were looking down on us and waving "hello, thank you for your visit".

I made a cagoule of pictures of my Nonie and I want to share them with you...I hope you enjoy them!