Friday, March 9, 2012

A change of heart



Yesterday morning I was thinking about if Kony was found and was killed what would happen to all of the children? All of those children, 30 thousand of them are all fucked up (mentally disturbed), who is going to clean that up? Also, it wont be so simple for these kids to fall back into a normal routine if they get to reunite with their parents; that's if they didn't kill them. And what if they did kill them, who is going to take care of them, that's a lot of orphans!

I was also thinking, is finding this creep so simple? Send some US troops over, find the guy, kill the guy, everyone is happy and then our troops go home?
Kony has brain washed little boys to kill and when any outsiders come close they will kill so they run the risk of being killed as well. So in a way are we really helping the children after all? We want to save them, not kill them!

I didn't understand all of this video, but what I think I got from it was that if we proceed to support this Kony cause, are we ourselves are creating a new war? And if so, we are trying to end the Middle East one and end war for good! No one wants a new war!

My heart was all for this cause, and now I am having second thoughts, I don't want to be apart of something that might create a war! I remember the day it was announced when our troops were going to war back in 2003-4? I remember walking home from class and a feeling took over me, my heart felt heavy, the wind knocked out of me, knowing that things will forever be different...and they have! I want to help, but is the way they are asking the right way?