Last night My Guy stopped by to pick up his wallet because he had forgot it in my purse and so did I till 10pm Sunday night. I was in the living room when he came over and he asked me if his wallet was in my room I said "yes as well with your coffee cup". I have to tell you a little back story first before I finish this story.
In 7th grade their was a girl in my class named Kelly, for whatever reason she didn't like me very much but at the same time tried very hard to be my friend. One day I invited her over with a bunch of other girls from my class to my house, at the time I had this lipstick that I just LOVED, and would put jut a little bit on my lips because I never wanted to use too much for it would run out. All of us girls went to the mall and then later that day came back home, the Mom's came and picked up the girls to go home. That evening I was in my room and noticed that my lipstick was gone! I looked everywhere for it and could not find it, I was very upset.
On Monday I had told the girls who had came over that my favorite lipstick was gone and how upset I was, later that day I found it in the pocket of my jacket, I thought it was really strange, my best friend at the time said she had seen Kelly put it in my jacket. Word had gotten around school that Kelly steals and bla bla bla, I didn't make a big deal about it but I didn't get why she would do that to me. So later that evening Kelly called my house crying and saying she was so sorry and so embarrassed that she took my lipstick. I expected her apology but asked her why she did it, she said that it is a bad habit she has and she has stolen a lot worse things and has gotten in lots of trouble with her parents for it, she doesn't really know why she does it. I'm not saying that from then on I have been wary of people I don't know very well in my room, but it has in a way. I am very protective and possessive of my room, I don't even like it when people come in and look all around it makes me nervous; it drive me crazy when people take things my room and don't ask or let me know! My room is apart of me, it is my safe place, all of favorite things are here, everything has a place and I know where everything is.
Back to my story, when I'm not using my purse I like to take my wallet, hand lotion, chap-stick, make-up bag, key's and clipper card out and lay them on my desk or bench, for some reason My Guy felt that my chap-stick was his so he took it without asking. I noticed that my chap-stick was gone after he had left and I asked him over G-chat, he said yes he took it, he had a feeling it was his. I was a little bit upset because 1. he took something from my room without asking, 2. this is the guy who has 3 chap-sticks already, and 3. was it really hard for him to say something to me??? "oh hey, is that chap-stick on your bench mine or yours".....so easy! He said how will I deal when we live together and I said I will have an area of my own that will be all mine and I will be fine with that.
It's not about the chap-stick I think he didn't get, it was that he was in my room by himself, took something that was mine and never said anything to me. I didn't sleep well last night, the thought of what he did really bothered me, it made me feel naked .This is an issue of mine, it might be a silly one but it's my thing. Please just ask me if you want to barrow or have something of mine, it will end up a lot better.