Thursday, May 6, 2010

Some skin and health tips!

I have been seeing this women Kim who started her own company called Skin Salvation, its an acne clinic. I have never had bad acne but I for sure would/still get breakouts and at 26 enough was enough! She has taught me so much and I feel the need to share a few tips that I have learned along the way!

- Dairy is actually one of the number one reasons why you breakout! Stop eating it or eat it once in a blue moon you will find a big change in your skin!

- Using non scented liquid laundry detergent is better then scented, scented leaves kind of a waxy build up on your cloths and on your skin and that can clog pores! It also helps if you can try to sleep on a clean pillow case every night. I sleep on one side and then flip it over the next night and then put a new one on.

- ICE CUBE, no not the rapper...haha! If you take an ice cube and put it in a washcloth to hold it and rub it on your inflammation for 2 minutes 2X a day you will notice an incredible change! The ice REALLY WORKS people!! You dont have to rub it just on the inflammation you can also rub it all over the face. The swelling and the redness goes down fast!

- Using a good face wash and other good for you skin products is key. Kim has me on her personal face wash but she has gotten me and My Guy hooked to this brand called DermaE I LOVE LOVE their body lotion, I use the pink grapefruit and it smells A-MAZ-ING!

Also SPF people I know I talked about one that I really liked in a previous blog but Kim introduced me to this new brand and this one is way better! The brand is called COOLA My Guy I got him the sport one and he loves it, I have the one just for your face its really nice!

- Make-up. It took me a while to grow to love powder foundation but knowing that its better for my skin and with all the money and dedication I put into my skin I owe it to my face! Kim introduced me to Color Science this brand has no junk in it and I like that if I go on a little vacation or spend the night at My Guy's place I dont need to be worried if its going to leak unlike when I use to use liquid foundation.

It's also REALLY REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT to wash your make-up brushes once a week or for sure once a month!!

I guess my health tips would only be related to the vagina being that has been really the only "health" thing I have had to deal with. Trying to keep your sugar intake low as possible is really good, staying away from bread or buy yeast free bread (you get used to the taste) and taking a yest control probiotics 3 times a day has really helped me. Also staying away anything fermented is a good idea too.