Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It was the thought that counts

I love to go out of my way for my family and friends...and even sometimes for people I dont know very well, its just something in life that I enjoy very much; unfortunately its rarely reciprocated back!

In the last year my cousin and I have become very close, I think after she had her daughter and I started to take care of her I think she started to see the real me? My cousin is a little less than 10 years older than me and her and I were never really close like as we are now. I felt she kind of picked on me when I was younger and felt I was this big nerd, I also felt she thought I was really spoiled; this was hard for me because I got teased a lot when I was younger and I was kind of a nerd and I do admit between her and her brother, my brother and I kind of did get the longer end of the stick. But I don't feel, at least I hope I never come off this way, that I have ever rubbed anything in anyone's face. If anything I get uncomfortable talking about....for example something I just bought!

I think my cousin has seen over the year that if you NEED ME I'll be there! If you ask me to do something I'LL DO IT, and I'm also a great listener and LOVE to give advice!! So when she gave me a VERY thoughtful x-mass gift it was completely unexpected! And when she called me last week to ask if I could come out with her and her husband for drinks to meet this guy who she has been wanting me to meet, not because she thinks we would like each other but this guy would be a good networking friend, I was a little taken back by this too! Sadly my friends who have boyfriends/husbands oddly enough don't seem to know any single male's.....or if they do (they know how picky I am) I guess he's not worth introducing? This guy that my cousin wanted me to meet, she used to work with him and he is around my age, a little bit older, she told me that he goes out all the time and he has lots of guy friends.....great!!

So we all meet up at The Broken Record, and good thing that my cousin knew we would not like each other "in that way" because he did nothing for me! He also seemed a little bit too goofy me.....I know, what? He was also VERY harmless....this made me wonder were possibly his guy friends like this too? There was word that night that some of his friends were coming, but it ended up being I guess his female friends, LAME! What was also even lamer was all these girls looked SO BORING....and they were!!! This guy and I didn't talk much because I guess one of the girls in the group he had the hots for and was trying to make his move.......its called you have to grab your balls dude!! The night was kind of a bust, but I did have fun with my cousin and her husband!! And it was the thought that counts that my cousin was thinking of me in hope that this guy and I would exchange numbers and possibly hang out and meet his guy friends....no such luck!