Saturday……..If I could give just Saturday a title it would be “They took my blood and I saw a dude in lighting stretch pants”. Good title? During the day of Saturday, my good friend came with me so I could get my HIV testing done, about 2 months ago I got my STD testing done and I came out all clean (Thank God), now I just have to wait for the HIV. When we got to the hospital I was very ready to turn around and go back home but my friend we very good in not letting that happen, when we went into the room where they suck the blood from you I started to freak out. My friend was doing a good job in trying to keep me calm and the lady was really nice, I sat in the evil char and I started to cry and said over and over again “I don’t want to do this”, the lady asked if maybe I wanted to lay down she said it might be better so I did. I was still crying and my friend was still doing her job in distracting me, the needle went in (ouch!) and before I knew it, it was out. I thanked the lady for being so nice and she gave me some orange juice. After that my friend and I got a bite to eat and then headed over to Delores Park, we smoked and then watched all the doggies run around, it was just nice to be in the sun for a bit! After I got home I had to hurry and change and make it back over to my friend’s house because we had to be on time to this show she got invited to over in the Hayes Valley. When we leave to catch the bus, she realizes that she doesn’t have her phone and forgets where this event is, I have a smart phone so we got the info then when we got over to Hayes Valley we bought some beer (because this event said B.Y.O.B…among other things!) and then headed over to the house. When we got to the house my friend forgot if the show was really tonight and maybe it was last night………I kind of wanted to slap her on the side of her head but I love her and I would never do that!!! So I let her check my phone again for the info and it was tonight (thank God). At the door there was a sign that said “Knock 3 times”, she does, the women who opened the door was in her late 60’s and looked across from Vivien Westwood and the now Boy George, with a voice like Marge Simpson! When we walk in we had to take our shoes off and the women took our beer, we were also VERY early………….the only ones!! I could tell that my friend was a little embarrassed, and I was really uncomfortable. It took me a while to get comfortable but after maybe 30 min people started to show up and I started to feel a little bit better. This place was also like no other, it was a house, but really a garage, the couple that owned it made a stage and they hold shows from time to time. It was decorated with all kinds of knick knacks and the colors and lighting was beautiful. A true San Francisco hippie experience! When the show started the first act was a guy who read some poetry and then sang after, his first poem was about being a zombie and one of his songs was about a three legged women! The second act was a girl about my age and he music was folk and really good! The third act was the guy who invited my friend to this event and he came out wearing a button down cotton shirt with lighting stretch pants!! After a few songs my friend and I wanted to leave, I had a headache from all of the cigarette smoke and well………it was just time to leave!!
For me it was a crazy day, giving blood, going to some once in a life time house with interesting people. I also thought that for sure if I had never met my friend I don’t think I would have ever experienced something like this, me being more of a homebody than her. I also felt kind of “cool” that night too, it was like, we experienced something very few people got to that night and as much as I wasn’t crazy about it at first, it was a cool evening!!
Then on Sunday we all saw Watchmen and man was that an intense movie, it was also very relevant to what is going on in life right now, and it didn’t hurt to see a totally naked blue man in the movie as well!!
Just to give you an idea in what this place looked like!
The 3 legged woman!
The awesome pants!