Wednesday, February 25, 2009
We were the old ones........
My friend and I didn't know what we wanted to do for last Friday night, back and forth emails and texts on what to do.....until I suggested going to Blow Up! The last time I went to Blow UP I didn't get in, the line was almost around the corner so my friends and I left the line and went to some bars. But this time I made it in into Blow Up and the experience was nothing that I was expecting! I let my friend know that we should leave earlier then we usually do because of the crazy line the event gets, so we do and as we arrive to the club........NO LINE!! My friend and I also noticed that most of the crowd standing outside of the club looked like they just finished high school.....this was an 18 and up event,SURPRISE!! We walk in and no one was on the dance floor, but the music was good, we get some drinks and make our way upstairs to look down to see will more people show up.....they do! As we were chillin in our chairs a herd of teens come and stand in front of us and this point I think my friend and I knew we were going to be the oldest ones at this club tonight, and we loved it! Who did we have to impress.......no one, we danced our asses off and had so much fun! Also a brotha taped me on the back and said "If you keep dancing like that your going to get me in trouble and make all the girls jealous in this place" I smiled and laughed and continued to dance........not often does a brotha hit on a white gal like myself, but when it does happen I LOVE IT!! My feet were starting to hurt......and I think we had all the fun we could have had that night. Not sure if I will ever go again, I don't know if my friend would either but I do think if we need a good laugh to realize how glad we are to be the age we are now then that would be the place to go to!