Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hard to Get

Why is it when your friends and family try to tell you something but you choose not to listen because you think they don’t know what they’re talking about but then someone that you don’t know very well tells you the same thing then you listen? My friend Joe tells me all the time that I need to play hard to get, and I laugh or roll my eyes, but this evening as I was watching “John Tucker Must Die” on TV and I realized I do need to play hard to get! I’m a little embarrassed to say that a movie of such low intelligence made me have my “duha” moment but I’m really glad it did. I don’t think I have ever played hard to get, I’m really good at being sarcastic and a shit talker, prudish too, but hard to get I’m not good at , in fact I don’t think I even know how; nor do I even think I have ever tried! How would I even start? And do you have to start right away? Meaning, Messenger Boy called me last week and as we were talking I told him I missed hanging out with him (that’s not code for sex, I really do like hanging out with him) and I liked him, and I have been my sweet self this whole time but can I turn it around and start playing hard to get, or is it too late? I really want to try this out, it’s not often that I have a guy begging to date me……..actually it’s never happened. How bad is that?

I think I only know how to be nice, sweet, caring, funny, and thoughtful, not sexy, mysterious or “play it cool”. What’s the point I feel to be all of those things that I’m not, it’s not in me, also it would be a game and I for sure don’t like people playing games on me and for someone who is big on Karma I think it would maybe bite me in the ass later. But maybe I push that aside? Fuck Karma and just go for it? Oh I’m all confused; I just realized something about myself from a shallow movie that I hate to admit, liked!! I’m always chasseing the dude as if this is going to be the last guy that is ever going to like me ever again, when I know this is so not true, did you read Monthly Man, I have been getting laid every month!! So why do I do it? I need to do something that will at all times remind me that guys should be chasseing me not the other way around because that’s how it should be damit!!!