Friday, November 7, 2008

Beyond myself, somewhere I wait for my arrival.

I had been meaning to get to the meaning of my title of my blog for a long time now, but better now than later, right?

It was about a year ago and I was taking an English class that made me want to kill myself, 3 days a week I would drag my ass into class, sit down and ask myself every time “why the fuck am I here?” Then I would tell myself each time “you’re here because you need to pass this class really bad so you can move on to the next class, and the next English class will be your last one, so let’s stick this out!” Words of encouragement and having an awesome tutor helped a lot! I did pass this class and moved on to the next one and passed that one as well!!

In this awful English class we had to read this very depressing/erotic book titled House of Sand and Fog, the movie is way less depressing and way less erotic then in the book. Anyways when you open the book and pass a few pages in it has the little poem/saying? That the author has put in the book and I really liked it. I felt it spoke to my beliefs on life, in always striving to be better, trying to always look ahead and never look back, but if you do to only look for past experiences and wisdom for yourself. The poem/saying is by Octavio Paz who is a Mexican poet (this poem/saying comes from The Balcony, and was really hard to find on the web, so if you find it for me, you win a cookie!). I feel that beyond myself my “arrival” is just chillin and waiting for me to finish all the little hurtles in life so when I do achieve my “arrival” I will feel I have earned it well and the “somewhere” part, who knows if SF is really where I’m going to find my “arrival”, but I know this the day it happens I will know and I know it’s going to be awesome!