Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No husband picked white fence and 3 kids for me thank you.

I had to host a baby shower over the weekend and I did the best job I could to keep a smile on my face and look like I was enjoying myself to no end (having an endless wine selection helped). At one point I was in the kitchen getting drinks for some of the women and they start asking me do I want kids, I tell them,” no” ( I knew this was not so easy to say) “oh your just saying that because your 24”, “ your great with kids, you’ll be an awesome Mom”. I let them talk and when they were done I tell them “I want to lead a selfish life, and with kids you can’t do that, also kids are expensive (I look at this women who has 5 kids already and with one in the oven, I’m a bitch) then they interrupt me, I hand them their drinks and I sneak out of the kitchen.

Fuck the traditional life, I want to see the world and never have to worry about making an amazing dinner 7 days a week for my family, or worry am I doing this parent thing good enough, oh and how can I forget the odds of my vagina possibly splitting to my ass whole while giving birth!!!! NO THANK YOU!!!! Then there is the risk of divorce or growing apart and just living together for the kids. I don’t have commitment issues at all, I’m very faithful to the guy that I’m dating but do people realize that marriage is FOR EVER?? I think who has the best life is my acting teacher Susan, she has a boyfriend and a dog and gets to travel to NYC and Paris all she wants, that’s what I want, how more perfect can that get?

Being that I haven’t been on a date for 7 months now, things look promising!