Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Winston my love

A dog that I used to take care of for a friend of the family passed away in back in February, and I was sad being that he was such a cute little guy. The love I have for dogs I feel sometimes goes beyond a little bit unhealthy but how can you not help yourself? Dogs are awesome creatures!
Wanting a dog in my life was feeling stronger and stronger as time went by, and maybe Buddie's death woke up that void, who knows. My Guy and I would sometimes go to Fort Funston just to be around dogs....and also take in the amazing views! So, finally this strong void took over and I started to look at dog's on-line, I was looking all over the bay area and not one dog caught my eye. I am very picky about what I wear so why wouldn't I be picky about my dog, right? I would looking for a male, not a puppy, but not old ether, and he needed to be a Terrier, that's the bread of dog I like. I came up on PetFinder.com and there was Winston, this cute little guy, little did I know getting him was going to be a little big of an issue!

Winston was in Fresno, that's 4 hours from San Francisco, also Fresno, I did not know this, 80% of animals in Fresno are killed!!! 80%, that's a big number!!! Winston was found by a family that finds strays off the street and tries to find them homes, not only did My Guy and I help someone out but we also got a free dog!That late afternoon when we got back into the city My Guy was very excited that we got a dog so he told on of his friends, his friend replayed back "my wife and I dont understand why you went all the way to Fresno to get a dog when there are hundreds of dogs in SF that need a home!" I cried, maybe I was PMSing but that comment made me cry! Why do you care where I got the dog, maybe ASK WHY we went to Fresno!!!!
Anyways, My Guy and I are happy with our little boy Winston and I love having a dog back into my life, they are such wonderful creatures!!!

Hear is our little boy....