Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The red plastic thing and the doll

One weekend my family and I attended a school fair, a friend of the family her children went to this school. There were all kinds of games to play and arts and crafts to do, there was one game I remember playing; there was a tent and inside the tent was all these little plastic figures and you had to find the red one, it was very hard also you had to find it in one minute. If you found it, you won a doll, I wanted that doll SO BAD (I was like 7yr old), I didn't find that red plastic thing, and I remember the lady standing outside that tent counting down to 10, I also remember crying when my Mom and I walked away.

I don't know if that was the first time I can remember experiencing being under pressure, why that moment in my life sticks out more then others, but trying hard at something and then failing has always been a sore spot in my life, I don't handle it well! Searching for a job has been feeling like trying to find the red plastic thing in the tent and getting a job will be like winning that the doll.

I have not cried in a little while but I am sensitive more then usual, I know and am very aware how lucky I am, I have a caring family and a caring/helpful boyfriend but its hard sometimes to see it when your so obsessed in finding that red plastic thing, and you wonder is it ever going to happen, will I get that doll someday?