Friday, July 23, 2010

If I could design a room, or this is how my living room would look like!

Ever since My Guy was looking for his own place I started having visions of how I would decorate his living room (he said I could!) but then he dropped that idea when one of the big issues in his Flat got taken care of and now he is moving to the next room down from his, its way bigger so I do get to do some design :)

I know for sure that I have always wanted a sectional couch in navy blue and a chair that my ant has (why I have never personally taken a picture of this chair I cant figure out), she said I can have it, and all it really needs is to be re-stuffed. Its a gorgeous canary yellow velvet chair, it just screams, "If you sit me, I will make you feel like a million bucks!".

The couch:


Pillows for the couch:





The Canary yellow chair (it looks almost like my ants):


The rug:


Coffee table and side tables:




Lamps and mirror for the wall:




And Wall color, light gray:


I really feel that you should have a them in designing any room but to not make it look too themy, like a teenagers room (like mine all purple!) doing just one color of everything can be harsh or boring, I also think people use too much red and red is a color I feel people should use it very carefully I know for Fung Shay red can be really harsh to some people and make them feel uncomfortable but then I have herd it cane make people feel the total opposite. I have always liked blues, greens and beige and gray colors, if my view could be the sea that's what I would have, I like to feel calm and relaxed in my environment and with also comfy and beautiful furniture! I think its also good to use different elements of fabrics and textures of furniture, I have not come across anything leather that I have fallen in love with but I know I will some day, that is a for sure must have in your living room....mmm leather!